Feeling mauled by the seemingly undying bear market? The S&P 500 is down -44.4% for the year.
Take a look at the year-to-date performance for some biggest of the big-name investors and consider yourself in good company:
* Warren Buffett (Berkshire Hathaway): -43%
* Ken Hebner (CMG Focus Fund) -56%
* Harry Lange (Fidelity Magellan): -59%
* Bill Miller (Legg Mason Value Trust) -50%
* Ken Griffin (Citadel): -44%
* Carl Icahn (Icahn Enterprises): -81%
* T. Boone Pickens: Down $2 billion since July
* Kirk Kerkorian: Down $693 million on his Ford shares alone
The SGM portfolio has gained 40.1% YTD.
These results suggest that “a bear market gets everyone” — even Wall Street legends.